CLOSING DATE: Friday 17th March
Do you want to learn how to design, develop, and maintain websites?
Isle Develop CIC has 2 Digital Trainee posts available. Applicants should be based in Tiree. Find out more about Isle Develop here.
You would work with us part-time for a minimum of 6 months, learning on some of our existing websites, completing training, and helping us build new sites for clients.
Some of the things you might do would include
- Updating content on existing websites
- Helping plan and design new websites
- Learning basic coding
- Learning how systems like Woocommerce and WordPress work so that you can help manage client websites
- Sitting in on client meetings
- Learning the principles behind troubleshooting and debugging
- Learning to use a variety of other digital tools, such as Google Analytics, Stripe Payment Processing, Canva and other apps.
- Willingness to learn
- An interest in IT and the digital space
- A proactive approach to work and able to show initiative
- Ability to work with others
Accountability: The post is accountable to the Directors of Isle Develop CIC who are the employers. This post is managed by Rhoda Meek, the Managing Director of Isle Develop.
Hours: 16 hours per week. This is a fixed term 6 month contract.
Salary: £20,000 Full Time Equivalent. You will be employed on PAYE.
- We follow the Scottish Living Wage guidelines. You can expect to earn circa £10.98 an hour before tax.
Location: Tiree. 1.5 Days in the office in Crossapol. The remaining time working from home.
Pension: A pension contribution equating to 3% will be paid.
Holidays: FTE 28 days paid holiday per leave year (inclusive of UK/Scottish Bank holidays) which would equal 6.5 days over the length of the six month contract.
Equipment: A laptop will be provided.
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a covering letter telling us why you want the job!
The closing date for applications is Midday on Friday the 17th of March.
These posts are funded by Firstport.