CLOSING DATE: 5PM Monday 8 Feb 2021
Role: Social Media and Vendor Manager – Isle Develop CIC
Job Purpose: You will be playing a key role in supporting the development of Isle Develop projects, specifically isle20.com and isleEats.com, but your work is likely to extend to other projects as we grow!
You would be doing things like:
- Planning and writing social media posts across all platforms
- Featuring vendors
- Promoting Products
- Creating marketing campaigns
- Finding and sharing brand building content
- Growing social following across all platforms
- Providing support and advice to existing isle20 and isleEats vendors
- Answering questions about the system
- Helping troubleshoot
- Listing or amending products or vendor accounts
- Writing help articles
You should have excellent written communication skills. You should possess a variety of IT skills including being proficient in the use of tools such as Google Docs, Word and Excel, and should be able to demonstrate familiarity with social media platforms.
You will need to be self motivated and a proficient organiser who is able to work to deadlines, using your own initiative.
Desirable skills include:
- Experience of building social media following and content
- Knowledge of Facebook Ads
- Familiarity with apps like Canva and Buffer or a willingness to learn about them.
- Experience in WordPress and Woocommerce would also be desirable, although training can be given.
Salary: 20hrs per week at a rate of £25,500 FTE
Accountability: The post is accountable to the Directors of Isle Develop CIC who are the employers. This post is line managed by the Directors collectively, with whom the post-holder can expect regular meetings and a review of their workload.
Hours: 20 hours per week. Flexible working – although there will be an expectation of some core hours. This is a fixed term 18mth contract.
Location: This is a remote post. You will work from home. Preference will be given to those permanently resident in the Scottish islands.
Pension: A pension contribution equating to 3% will be paid.
Holidays: 28 days paid holiday per leave year (inclusive of UK/Scottish Bank holidays) which would equal 42 days over the length of the contract.
Equipment: A laptop will be provided.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a covering letter telling us:
- Why you think you would be good for the role.
- What experience you have of using social media to sell or promote products or events.
- What you think isle20’s next social media campaign should focus on and why!
- We try really hard to provide the best possible experience for customers and vendors, so tell us about a time you went above and beyond to help someone out.
- Lastly, imagine I have never cooked before. Write a recipe explaining to me how to make scrambled eggs.
If you have any questions regarding the role or want to learn more before applying, please feel free to get in touch.
The funder for this post is HIE